11.01.2011

60 Days of {Gratitude}

I’ve been feeling really negative lately. To be fair, I’ve had a pretty rough month. But enough is enough and it’s time to suck it up and get back to life. With Halloween being out of the way it is officially time to start celebrating my favorite time of the year, the HOLIDAYS!

I’ve really been thinking the past few days and although things aren’t perfect (when are they ever??), I have so much to be thankful for. So I’m going to spend the rest of 2011 focusing on the important stuff (big & small) and less time dwelling on the less than stellar. Which brings me to the new series in my blog: 60 Days of {Gratitude}. Now you all might be thinking, aren’t there 61 days left in 2011? Why yes there are. But let’s face it, on New Year’s Eve I will be thankful for champagne and 60 days sounds nice and round. So here we go...

My plan is to write a blog each day (don’t worry they’ll be short). I’m sure some will be sappy, but there will be plenty of silly things that you can call me ridiculous about, and probably things that are only important me that will make no sense whatsoever. I have a few ideas in mind (the obvious stuff), but I’m hoping that taking time to reflect each day will require me to really stop and think about how much I have and stop focusing on what I don’t. And at the very least I’ll be able to think of a small part of my day that didn’t suck.

Wish me luck, we all know I’m not the most consistent blogger, so the posts themselves will be a challenge, but one that I’m ready to tackle. If you haven’t already, start “following” my blog and let me know what you’re grateful for and what you think about my list of top 60.

xoxo
DQ

No comments:

Post a Comment