11.10.2011

60 days of {Gratitude} : Day 10

I'm posting from my phone tonight, mostly because I can't be bothered to pull myself away from sitting on the couch giggling with my mom over chocolate cake and playing cards. After all, my laptop is sitting all the way across the room.

Anyway, tonight I am thankful for the sound of the ocean... We've got the patio door open, the breeze blowing into our room, and nothing but the sound of waves beating against the sand as the tide comes in. I've always been in awe of the ocean, ever since my brother and I caught our first glimpse of it when we went to Cocoa about 13 years ago. It was late by the time we got to our hotel that night, but we were so intrigued that we insisted on going down to the beach. It didn't take long before we had jumped in the water - clothes, shoes and all. I don't know how long we played in the sand and water that night, but there was something about the ocean that fascinated us. The next day, my mom could not drag us off the beach. We begged her to let us stay so we snacked on doritos and oreos for lunch that day (feeding the seagulls while we were at it) and didn't leave until after dark. We even went back after dinner to see if the tide had washed away "Mount Cocoa" that we had built. That was one of the most amazing vacations... And so began my lifelong love affair with the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment