11.10.2011

60 Days of {Gratitude} : Day 9

After sitting in class for three hours tonight, I feel like it’s only appropriate that I’m thankful for the amazing education I have received...and am still receiving.

In my house, going to college was never really optional...the question was where are you going to college, not ARE you going to college. Growing up, I always liked school, did very well, and couldn’t wait to hit those golden college years. Four years later, I proudly walked across that stage, got my diploma, and got started on my big girl career.

Three years after graduation, I’m finding myself in a classroom once again. Rumor has it that a bachelor’s degree will only get you so far these days, so I’m pursuing my MBA like a lot of other young corporate go getters, hoping to further my career and maybe even learn a thing or two. While going to class twice a week after working a 9 hour day isn’t ideal, I really do love school. I get a warm fuzzy feeling stepping onto a college campus. Most of the time I wish I was wearing sweats instead of stumbling across campus in my business attire... I’m so envious of all those undergraduates. Oh the good old days :)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand... I believe anyone can get an education if they work hard and want it bad enough. I feel very fortunate that I learned this early on and got a great education in the process. Learning is a lifelong goal, something that can never be accomplished because it is never ending. But boy will I be glad when this degree is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment