11.04.2011

60 Days of {Gratitude} : Day 4

I’ve been trying to avoid writing this post first, it seems so “typical” that I would start with the thing I am most thankful for...I guess 3 days was good?  Although it’s hard to rank gratitude, my husband is very definitely at the top of my list. I’ll try to keep this short and minimally sappy...

Today I am so very thankful for my completely amazing, wonderful husband. We’ve only been married 7 months, but the past 4 1/2 years we’ve spent together have taught me so much about life, love, and what a partner is supposed to be.

I thought this would be the easiest blog to write. Turns out I’ve been sitting here for hours trying to find the right words to adequately describe the guy I fall more in love with every day. The guy who takes such good care of me, and probably didn’t know what he was signing up for when he promised in sickness and in health. The guy who makes sure we don’t starve, and probably hopes one day I’ll learn to love cooking (doubtful, fyi). The guy who would do anything for his friends and family. The guy who works hard every day so we can have a great life, do the things we love, and have fun along the way. The guy who really doesn’t need much in this world other than a deer stand and a rifle every November. The guy who patiently puts up with me and all my DQ moments. Gosh I could go on forever, but I’ll spare you. Basically, I’m just the luckiest girl in the whole world... I’m so thankful we found one another and that I get to spend the rest of my life loving him.

Alecia Hoyt Photography
Our First Dance...The Best Day Ever

1 comment:

  1. so happy for you both! Also very grateful that I also found a man who makes me feel like the luckiest woman in the world. We are lucky ladies!

    ReplyDelete