11.06.2011

60 Days of {Gratitude} : Day 6

Today I am oh so thankful for Oklahoma State University and that I got to spend two of the best years of my life there! This post is not un-purposely being written on the day that the BCS polls rank them the #2 team in the country... Go Pokes!

But in all seriousness, deciding to attend OSU was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I moved away from home, pledged the most amazing sorority, and met some of my best friends. I grew up. I made dumb decisions. I figured out what I wanted to do with my life (sort of). I learned what school pride was all about. I stayed out too late. Drank too make Dr Peppers from The Barn. Spent too much time on The Strip. Learned basement songs. Pomped until I almost died...Literally, I got mono my fresh year. Camped out for days to get Men’s Basketball tickets. Made a few mistakes. Serenaded fraternity boys. Got serenaded...Gosh, I love Zeta Olympics. Lived in a house with almost 100 girls. Learned some stuff (I did in fact go to class). Ate a lot of Hideaway, Shakey’s, and Pita Pit...so that’s where all that college weight came from (revolution here, haha). Dressed up like an M&M to meet my amazing big. Laughed until I cried too many times to count. And I wouldn’t change a thing. 

Leaving there was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made. As hard as it was, it was the right thing for me to do, but sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to spend two more years in Stillwater... I might not have survived all the fun! Thank you Oklahoma State for giving me some of the best memories a girl could ever ask for. I’ll always bleed orange :)


No comments:

Post a Comment